This Is My Trailhorse: Shaman

This has been the most exciting year! Just want to tell you how much my horse and I enjoy the ACTHA rides!! Great opportunity to practice our skills and get out with friends on the trails! Brilliant!!

Zantanons Shaman is a 5 yo mare I bought 3 years ago as an untouched 2 yo ranch colt with no human contact. By using the Parelli Natural Horsemanship training method, she has become a trusted partner and awesome trail horse! This is her first ACTHA season and is currently first in Florida and 8th in the U.S. in Open Division! She is also my 4 yo grandson's horse and in a couple of years the two of them will be competing in the ACTHA Challenges together! Nana will have to start another colt soon!

Calm, connected and responsive on the trails with me or my little grandson, Shaman ROCKS! ~ By Nancy Slater

Many thanks to Durvet Apple Wormer for sponsoring "This is my Trail Horse". Shaman will receive a gift from Durvet. www.applewormer.com Share your "This is My Trailhorse" story with ACTHA by leaving your story with a photo in the private message box of the ACTHA Facebook page or by emailing alex@actha.us.