This is My Tailhorse: Chaser's Story

Chaser on Memorial Day 2012
This is my trail horse, Chaser.  He had to have his right eye removed a few years ago due to glaucoma.  During the year prior to the eye removal, he slowly lost sight in that eye.  I never quit riding him with the exception of the ten days post-op.  He is fine alone or with a small group.  Even though half of his world is dark, he trusts me not to ride him into harm’s way.   He is a Spotted Saddle Horse and goes wherever I ask him to (crossing busy streets, water, balloons etc.)  He licks everyone who stops to admire him.  Please never give up on a horse with a disability.  That’s why I sent this.  So people won’t think a horse might not be valuable anymore because of some physical problem. By Sandy K.

Many thanks to Durvet Apple Wormer for sponsoring "This is my Trail Horse". Chaser will receive a gift from Durvet. www.applewormer.com Share your "This is My Trailhorse" story with ACTHA by leaving your story with a photo in the private message box of the ACTHA Facebook page or by emailing alex@actha.us.