This is My Trail Horse: Bella

By Jolie Clark

This is my trail horse, Bella. I have owned her since she was three. We have ridden all over the trails in Western Colorado. We don't do endurance but some of the rides we have been on have been pretty tough. We ride for fun and she is the love of my life and shares all good and bad. She is 15, I broke her to ride myself. Her spirit is sweet and kind. A memorable ride was last year on a camping/pack trip with friends. We began in the West Elk Wilderness at Horse Ranch Park and rode over Beckwith Pass, it begins in the slide rock and tops out into beautiful green full of trees and grass, then we went over Swampy pass past majestic blue ponds, wild flowers up a snaking trail to our camp site for the night. Then over Castle Pass where the tops of the mountains had castle like rock formations on them and when the sun shown through one of them it went clear through. Breathtaking. We rode on into Horse Ranch Park just as where we began. Happy and content. 

Many thanks to Durvet Apple Wormer for sponsoring "This is my Trail Horse".  Bella will receive a gift from Durvet. 
www.applewormer.com

Share your "This is My Trailhorse" story with ACTHA  by leaving your story with a photo in the private message box of the ACTHA Facebook page or by emailing 
alex@actha.us.