This is my Trail Horse: Fancy

By Kassandra Bowman

This is my trail horse, Fancy. I bought her from the kill lot when she was 2 years old, shy, untrusting, and starving. I was 16 and my parents had told me that horses were a waist of time. So, I set out and got my own job and purchased her, found a place to board her and dedicated my time to learning how to ride her. I had only ridden a horse two times before I brought Fancy home.

Neither of us knowing left or right nor having any help, somehow we inspired each other to love and trust.  We created a friendship neither of us have had before. Through trial, error and Google, I trained her and she trained me. Now, this is us 4 years later, riding without a bridle on the trails by our barn. Usually I don't use the rope but for safety reasons it's good to have. Still seeing her everyday, she is my life and I am hers.

Many thanks to Durvet Apple Wormer for sponsoring "This is my Trail Horse".  Fancy will receive a gift from Durvet. www.applewormer.com

Share your "This is My Trailhorse" story with ACTHA Facebook by emailing
laurie@actha.us